Explore stunning waterfalls and lush landscapes of East Maui. Soar over Haleakala Crater, the world's largest dormant volcano. Touch down on pastureland at a working cattle ranch, where you'll tour a 12-acre organic farm, sample produce pulled fresh from the rich volcanic soil and pick your favorites for a farm-to-table lunch prepared by a private chef.
Your day begins at Kahului Heliport (or Wailea Golf Course) where you'll board one of the world's most technologically advanced touring helicopters for a magnificent private aerial tour of the Valley Isle. Ascend glorious Haleakala, whose summit sits at 10,023 feet above sea level, in your own private helicopter. Discover its immense moonlike crater with pure iron oxide cinder cones towering over 1,100 feet tall. See Kaupo and Koolau Gaps, through which huge lava flows traveled from the crater to the sea. The Hana rainforest extends for over 180 square miles along Maui's northern coast and is the largest tropical rain forest in the U.S. Your sightseeing tour includes views of old Hana town, Haleakala National Park, Kipahulu, fabulous coastline waterfalls and world famous Hookipa windsurfing beach.
Touch down in a private pasture on the upper slopes of Hāna Ranch . Here, you'll experience Hana in a truly authentic way, through the eyes of a working cattle ranch and organic farming operation. Historic Hāna Ranch has been open since the 1940’s in true Hawaiian paniolo (cowboy) style. Today it remains a working ranch and beautiful farm tucked between the ocean and the mountains. Get an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the farm that supplies organic produce and grass-fed beef to restaurants and grocery stores all over Maui. Walk through the fields and taste fresh papaya and coconuts harvested just for you while your personal chef for the day, Chef Jon Watson, prepares a farm-fresh meal for you and your guests. Enjoy pupu (appetizers) and family-style dining with an ocean view before being swept away on your next adventure.
Your journey continues by land as you travel back to your point of origin via helicopter or private luxury vehicle. If you chose the driving option, you'll relax in comfort as your expert driver guide shares the the incredible journey along the Road to Hāna. Your guide with share the magic of this beautiful drive, and its history, botany, legends and lore. Explore waterfalls, black and red sand beaches, and visit the largest heiau (ancient place of worship) in Polynesia.
We will work closely with you to customize the drive to include the stops that you are most interested in seeing.
Scenic Hāna Ranch is a working cattle ranch on 3,600 acres in Hana, Hawaii that practices a “One Ranch” approach that links all of their operations together: each arm of their business (organic farm, livestock operation, resource recovery area, retail locations, food service and hospitality teams) works to support and feed one another.
The certified organic farm at Hāna Ranch grows close to 12 acres of fruits and vegetables without the use of synthetic pesticides, synthetic fertilizers, synthetic herbicides, or genetically modified seeds. They believe that to bring their customers the best produce, it needs to be healthy for them and for the environment.
The centerpiece of Hāna Ranch is the grass-fed herd with 1,500 cattle. Cattle spend their entire lives on grass, which is healthier for them, the soil, and the customers. Their presence helps control invasive species, improves soil fertility, and keeps the grasslands healthy. Look for the grass-fed beef under the Maui Cattle Company label, a local co-op with five other Maui ranches.
You can also find Ranch grass-fed beef and organic produce on the menu at their farm-to-table restaurant, Hāna Ranch Provisions, located in historic Paia town.
FLY / DRIVE ADVENTURE
These tours are available exclusively to the guests of Adventure Quinn.
- Private one-way flight-seeing tour of Haleakala Crater and the Hana Rainforest via Eco-Star helicopter
- Helicopter landing on private ranch land
- Delicious private lunch prepared onsite by a personal Chef using just picked produce, Ranch beef, chicken or fresh-caught fish sourced locally
- A selection of refreshing soft beverages
- One-way narrated tour, conducted by an expert driver guide, of the iconic Hana Highway via private luxury vehicle
- FLY / FLY ADVENTURE: Round-trip flight-seeing tour via private Eco-Star helicopter (includes additional tour of West Maui Mountains)
- DRIVE / DRIVE ADVENTURE: Round-trip tour conducted via exclusive luxury touring vehicle
- HOTEL TRANSFER: Round-trip private transfers between your hotel/lodging and Kahului Heliport
- WINE ANYONE? Choose from an outstanding list of sommelier-selected fine wines (cost based on selection)
- BIKING: Explore the Ranch on mountain bike. Premium rental gear provided.
- PHOTOGRAPHER: A professional photographer will chronicle your day with gorgeous images, sharing photography tips along the way
- DRONE PHOTOGRAPHY: A drone pro will capture your Hana Adventure, and teach you the in and outs of this wildly popular activity
- JUST ASK: What else would you like to include in your custom adventure? Let us know and we'll do our best to make it happen!