The Heli Ranch tour begins with a private flight-seeing tour of remote waterfalls, ancient lava flows, soaring peaks, and dramatic coastlines. Landing in a remote Upcountry Maui setting, your private chef has prepared locally sourced specialties, an experience you'll remember fondly.
During a sumptuous meal, your guides share stories about the region and then it's time to prepare for your departure adventure. Pre-selected options include horseback riding, mountain biking, hiking or by 4WD.
Piiholo Ranch is a scenic 800-acre working ranch located on the slopes of the world’s largest dormant volcano, Haleakala. The Ranch began as a dream of Peter Baldwin, a 5th generation descendant of Reverend Dwight Baldwin, who came to Maui in the 1830’s as a missionary. Pete’s great love of the outdoors led him to found Piiholo Ranch with the help of his three sons Jeff, Duke, and Chris. Together, they built a premier cattle and adventure activity business.
With the Ranch as our backdrop, we’ve created a fun-filled day that offers something for everyone, from horseback riding to zip lining to mountain biking. Explore the open range on the island’s finest horses with a real cowboy. Learn about Maui’s fragile ecosystem and get a close-up view of native and indigenous plants with our expert hike guides. Take an exhilarating zip over forests and meadows with stunning vistas from mountain to sea. Mountain bike on exciting tracks that wind their way through cool forest trails.
Your adventure begins as your expert driver guide picks you up at your doorstep in a luxurious limovan. Custom designed for a superior transportation experience, this elegant vehicle allows you to enjoy scenic views from expansive panoramic windows and deluxe captain’s chairs.
Board a private helicopter tour featuring remote waterfalls, ancient lava flows, soaring peaks, and dramatic coastlines, culminating in a remote backcountry ranch setting on the scenic slopes of the world’s largest dormant volcano, Haleakala.
Your destination is historic Piʻiholo Ranch located on the edge of the rainforest 2,000 feet above the blue Pacific Ocean. With wide-open ranges for horseback riding, bike trails and stunning panoramic views, Piʻiholo Ranch shares the Baldwinʻs family for cattle ranching and caring for the land for over one hundred years.
Ready to get in touch with your inner paniolo (Hawaiian cowboy)? Prepare for an authentic paniolo experience exploring the rustic and charming 800-acre working ranch with a real cowboy, while riding on Maui’s finest horses. While enjoying your Maui horseback riding adventure you will be part of this working cattle ranch, bearing witness to the many native plants and indigenous Hawaiian trees that line the property, all the while catching sight of colorful, endemic forest birds.
Lunch is served at a rustic cabin, located in a remote, scenic area of the Ranch. You are in for a culinary treat with a gourmet organic farm-to-table picnic from Hāna Ranch Provisions or a (optional) delicious hot-off-the-grill lunch prepared especially for you by your private chef.
This exclusive adventure continues as you board your luxury vehicle for the drive back to your resort. Your guide expertly relates all of the beauty and history that the Upcountry district and Maui Island has to offer. This remarkable adventure is sure to be a highlight of your stay!
- One-hour narrated flightseeing tour in a state-of-the-art helicopter with advanced pilot. Two-way communication between you and your pilot using Bose® aviation-grade noise-canceling headsets.
- Exclusive guided 60-90 minute horseback tour on Mauiʻs finest horses
- Delicious private lunch prepared onsite by a personal Chef
- One-way narrated land tour conducted by an expert driver/guide
- Exclusive 9-passenger Mercedes-Benz Sprinter limovan features custom designed seating with all captain’s chairs, skylights, personal refrigerators and snack bars, window shades, USB ports and 110v power outlets
- Helicopter landing and access fee for private use of backcountry facilities
- Use of four-passenger 4WD Ranger for Ranch tours
- Selection of refreshing soft beverages
- Assortment of non-alcoholic beverages and delicious snacks on board limovan
- Adventure Quinn Guide to act as liaison and ensure quality experience throughout
- Culinary staff and guide gratuities
- Zipline: Take an exhilarating zip over forests and meadows with stunning vistas from mountain to sea.
- Bike: Mountain bike on exciting tracks that wind their way through cool forest trails.
- Upgraded Menus: Our talented private chefs will prepare the menu of your dreams.
- Alcoholic Beverages: We will source your favorite brands.